AOMEI Backupper Standard Overview
AOMEI Backupper is an all-in-one backup and recovery software that enables you to backup and keep your files, folders, partitions, hard disk drives, dynamic volumes and system data safely. The software comes with the necessary backup and recovery tools. And one of the beauties of AOMEI Backupper is that it is improving edition to edition by adding important and advanced features. In this regard, the latest edition (AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition 3.2) comes with huge improvements and more features.
Generally, the free backup software software has three major tools: Backup, Restore and Clone and one more additional features packed with useful tools that enhance the backup and recovery process.
Main features of AOMEI Backupper Standard 3.1
- Support system backup, data backup, partition backup, file and folder backup
- Create backup image file
- Support 3 kinds of backup schemes: Full Backup, Incremental Backup and Differential backup (Personally, I believe this is one of the major improvement in AB 3.0 edition, as the feature is not supported by most free backup programs)
- Support file and folder synchronization to external drives including local disks, removable USB and the synchronization can be automated using scheduling
- Support NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, EXT2, EXT3 file systems
- Support daily, weekly and monthly backup scheduling (You can run the backup activity once, once every day or with interval)
- Encrypt backup with password
- Support data compression and split large image file into multiple smaller image files
- Support VSS backup technique (VSS technique enables you to backup data without interfering with operations in progress)
- Support Intelligent Sector Backup
- Send emails notifications whether the backup is completed or not (the standard edition only use AOMEIs SMTP server)
- Built in with restore features: File and folder restore, System Restore, Disk Restore, Partition/Volume Restore
- Support Universal restore, the feature that allows restoring operating system to a computer with dissimilar hardware
- Support sector-by-sector restore
- Support disk cloning: disk clone, System Clone (this feature is locked for the time being, until you share AOMEI Backupper message to social media) , and Partition clone
- Has included other additional tools that enhance the backup and restore activity (these utility tools are data integrity checker, explore image, import export file configuration)
- Create bootable and emergency disk both for Linux and Windows
- Comes with AOMEI PXE Boot Tool
- After the backup is finished you can automatically shut down, Restart, Hibernate or Sleep your PC
The program comes as a single exe file and installation is easy and instant.
AOMEI Backupper standard is free for both commercial and personal use. If you are looking for advanced features such as command line backup, disk space management, merging images, you can go for the advanced editions such as AOMEI Backupper server or technician edition.
It is easy to use AOMEI Backupper standard even without reading the manual. However, if you are stacked in middle of the process, you can refer to the well documented user manual installed with the software.
The interface of AOMEI Backupper Standard is user-friendly and intuitive. It is easy go through around and see each feature. The main features of the program are listed on the main window so that the user can easily access them.
The software runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10.
I have tested AOMEI Backupper Standard 3.2 on the following PCs
- Dell Optiplex 790 built-in with Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @3.3GHz, 4GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics Family, Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
- Samsung Laptop built-in with AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
What I Like
Unlike most backup software, AOMEI Backupper has simple and easy to use interface. No upgrade popups, no non-functional feature as well. Also I like the inclusion of the most popular backup methods and scheduling capability for all backup types.
What I don’t Like
I should able to PAUSE the backup process, it only has cancel button. Certainly, it should be included in the next edition. Also the standard version doesn’t support Server OS. I should also be able to resize software interface window, I don’t see restore button at the top right corner.
Surely, AOMEI Backupper Standard comes with the most important and advanced backup and restore features. Even though, it is built-in with advanced features, anyone can use it without hassle. I highly recommend using AOMEI Backupper for day to day backup activity. It is actually one of my favorite backup software I often use.