Most people know that SSD has a faster reading and writing speed than traditional hard disk. It minimizes the chance of data loss due to shaking and knock. And SSD can work under a large range of temperature (most from -10 to 70℃) than tradition disk (5 to 55 ℃).
However, if you want to run your original system and programs on a new drive, what should you do? Of course, you need to transfer OS from HDD to SSD. AOMEI Partition Assistant has a cool function named “Migrate OS to SSD”, it can help users who want to quickly migrate operating system from old hard drive to a new one or SSD without reinstalling Windows operating system and applications and it supports MBR and GPT disks. AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard also supports resize partition Windows 10, merge partitions, split partition, create partition and clone partition windows 10, etc.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard 6.0 has released now. What’s new in version 6.0?
- Enhanced GPT to MBR disk conversion: support to convert a GPT disk that has more than 4 partitions to MBR disk.
- Fully clone system disk between MBR and GPT partition styles and ensure system is able to boot from destination disk (e.g. clone system disk from GPT to MBR, MBR to GPT, GPT to GPT, MBR to MBR).
- Enhanced the ability of Windows PE bootable disc to recognize devices: automatically integrate existing hardware drivers of current system into Windows PE when creating it.
- Added an option to manually add hardware drivers into Windows PE bootable disc when creating it.
- Added an option to choose “Quick Partition” when right click on a disk so that make “Quick Partition” easy to use.
- Added a function to check the charge of a laptop before disk partitioning to prevent abnormal shutdown.
- Fixed some random issues.
Free download AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard 6.0 here: Download AOMEI Partition Assistant
How to Transfer OS from HDD to SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant?
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard can transfer data or system drive to a new SSD without reinstallation and data loss. This is wonderful!
Notice: before you migrate the system to SSD, you should do a defragment and make a backup to secure our data. After the backup steps, run AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard 5.8, on the main interface it will lay out your disk configuration.
Step 2. Then, you will see the main console, click “Migrate OS to SSD or HDD”, in the pop-up window click “Next” to continue.
Step 3. In the next window, select your target disk (SSD or HDD), then click “Next”.
Step 4. Now you could modify the information of the partition on the new SSD disk, including partition size, drive letter.
Step 5. After setting up all the information, click “Next” to read some note about boot OS from SSD. Then click “Finish” it will back to main interface automatic, and click “Apply” button on the top toolbar to commit the operation.
AOMEI Partition Assistant is powerful disk migrate program and help you completely manage your partition. This popular software plays an important role in disk management in Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000 32 and 64 bit. It is very reliable and can clone hard drive Windows 10. AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard will be your good helper! Why not try now?