CCleaner is PC optimization and cleaning software from Piriform, PC Optimization Software Developer Company. The software allows you to speed up your computer performance by optimizing and cleaning all areas of your computer. These include registry database, Windows temporary files, log files, internet browsers temporary files, history, cookies, download history, etc. This way you can prevent your PC from frequent crash, freeze, registry problem or system errors. It also free up valuable space on your computer hard disk.
CCleaner comes in two versions: home and business editions. We find business, network, and network professional editions in the business class and you need to pay to get one whereas the home edition is available for free.
CCleaner Review: Main Features of CCleaner
- Clean your pc from unnecessary junk files from browsers cache, Applications, Windows explorer, system including temporary files, memory dumps, logs, etc.
- Clean, detect errors, and fix windows registry database, these include missing DLLs, unused file extensions, Applications, Fonts, type libraries, Installer, windows services, etc.
- Include useful tools such as program uninstaller, startup program manager, duplicate file finder, system restore management, drive wiper which is used to securely erase the contents or free space on a drive
- Has advanced Options where you can control how CCleaner functions
CCleaner works on all Windows OS including Server 2003/2008/2008 and Mac OS X
CCleaner Review: Installation
The size of the software is under 5MB. To download the software, you just go to the vendor site (www.piriform.com) and Download the free version. Installation is easy and quick – it only takes a minute to install and setup CCleaner. No other program or configuration is needed to run CCleaner.
During installation you will be asked to install Google Chrome, but you are free uncheck it and continue the installation.
The interface is simple and user friendly. All the tools are directly accessed from the main window. On the left side of the main window, there are four main tabs: Cleaner, Registry, Tools and Options. On the right side of the screen, it tells you how you should act based on the tab you click on the left.
CCleaner Review: Use of CCleaner
CCleaner is a fully functional registry cleaner tool. CCleaner provides fast and in-depth cleaning and repairing service for your PC registry problems and other system related problems such as browsers (clean temporary files, cookies, history, etc), system, and applications left outs.
Other than using it as cleaning software, CCleaner comes with more important tools. With CCleaner, you can uninstall programs you don’t want any more, search and delete duplicate files and salvage free space, enable/disable startup programs, manage all system restore points and wipe driver contents securely.
Online help is provided if want to know more about using the software. Also whenever the company provides updates for the software, you can update the software easily by clicking “Check for updates…” button found on the lower right corner of the main window.
CCleaner Review: Summary
CCleaner is simple and easy to use free registry cleaner that does what is says. It has user friendly interface which help any novice user to interact with this software.
I personally use CCcleaner for all my computers and it works fine without any problem. It detects and fixes problems quickly and efficiently unlike other registry cleaners. If you are looking excellent and free registry cleaner software, I highly recommend CCleaner. Don’t even buy commercial registry cleaner before trying CCleaner first.
CCleaner Review: Pros and cons
- Don’t require additional software to install
- Small in size and light on system resources
- Free from Spyware, Adware and Upgrade popups
- Provide regular program update
- Has useful online help page
- Works on different Operating Systems
- Allows you to select cleaning areas
- frequently updated
- Don’t support “One Click maintenance” which is found in most registry cleaner software