Here are free password manager software that lets you store passwords securely. We all use different passwords for many of our offline and online activities including email account, online banking, social media, shopping sites, network login, membership account, etc. And almost all web services require user name and password to allow and access the service they offer and secure online privacy.
Remembering all the passwords given for different sites is a challenge for everyone as the passwords can easily be forgotten. To prevent this, you need to get best password keeper software. Using these password management programs, you can easily keep all passwords at safe place. All you need to remember is one master password to access the saved passwords.
MyPadlock is free password manager software that puts and keeps all passwords on your hard drive safely.
Features of MyPadlock
- Simple, secure and easy to use
- Encrypt the password file with 128-bit encryption that uses Advanced Encryption Symmetric algorithm technology
- The file is encrypted with one master password
- Don’t show passwords on the screen
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows 7 (support 32 and 64-bits)
Website: MyPadlock Password Manager
Wise Password Manager
Wise Password Manager is open source and free password manager software that easily help you to manage passwords, login IDs, subscriptions, online membership passwords and more. Also the software allows you to setup an archive for each login, including site name, URL, Notes, ID and password. The software can be used for personal commercial use.
Features of Wise Password Manager Free
- Manage all online Passwords and Login IDs
- Support creating and generating strong password and create archive shortcut
- Support importing and exporting password databases
- Allows you to lock all passwords with one master password
- Implement strong encryption technology to prevent against theft
- Create Desktop shortcuts for each archives
- Clean and easy to use interface
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8
Website: Wise Password Manager free
AnyPassword is also free password manager software that lets you store and arrange your passwords. It allows you to generate random passwords with selected parameters. The professional version of AnyPassword is also available that include more advanced features. The free version is for individual and non-commercial use.
Main features of AnyPassword
- Saves and encrypt password file using AES/MD5 algorithms
- Include incremental search
- Support hierarchical data structure
- Generates unique passwords
- Support multiuser interface that allows to use it for many people
- Multilingual interface
Compatibility: Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista
Website: AnyPassword Freeware
KeePass is an open source and one of the best free password manager software that manages your passwords securely. The software stores the passwords in a database and locks all of them with one master key. You can download either the classic or professional edition.
Features of KeePass password manager
- Implement strong encryption security such as AES, Rijndael
- Support multiple user keys
- No installation is needed, KeePass is portable
- Export the password list to different formats including TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV
- Import from many file formats
- Support password groups
- Support time fields such as creation time, modification, last time access and expiration time
- Search and sort specific entries and generate random password
- Multilingual support
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7/8 Windows 10 (support 32 & 64 bits)
Website: KeePass Password Safe
LastPass provides secure and trusted way to store and secure all your passwords. Other than saving the passwords, LastPass saves website’s username and password and autofill the login info when you come back to the site. The software supports multiple OS and browsers.
Features of LastPass Free
- Store and secure your data in one easy-to-use centralize location
- Implement 256-bit AES encryption technology
- Allows to edit, delete, and organize data
- Setup profile for each online shopping
- Support synchronization
- Record your most important information such as credit cards, insurance cards, etc
- Backup your data
- Generate strong and long passwords
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 Mac OS X, Linux, Solaries, BSD, ETC, iOS and iPhone OS
Website: LastPass Free
Free Password Manager – weeny software
Free Password manager software allows you to manage all your passwords in database format. It puts all passwords in one database and locks it with one master password.
Features of free password manager
- Secure your password database with asymmetric cryptographic algorithms such as 3DES, Blowfish, DES, Rijindael, Serpent
- Other than passwords, it stores website URL, login name or other customized information
- Easy to use
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8 (support both 32 & 64 bits)
Website: Free Password Manager
KeyWallet is a free password management software that helps you to keep all your passwords. It is browser independent and easy to use application. KeyWallet secure your data with technology standard encryption. In addition, it works with all forms such as HTML, Jave, etc and support multiple users.
Compatibility: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP