Are looking for free PowerPoint software that works similar to Microsoft PowerPoint? If so, you come to the right place.
Now days, Presentation is common in every field of study and career. Particularly it is a daily activity in academic and research institutions where every student or researcher is required to present their findings on a particular subject. And using the easiest and well featured PowerPoint software is needed to compile all data quickly. Microsoft PowerPoint is the prominent program to do such kind of task, but you have to pay for it.
Here I come up with useful, but free presentation programs that allow you to create professional PowerPoint that even impress your audience.
Here are our other related posts: 7 Best free organizer software for Windows, Free scheduling software
Kingsoft Office Presentation Free 2013
Kingsoft Office Presentation is a free PowerPoint software that allows you to view and create presentation files easily. The software comes with most of the features of Microsoft PowerPoint 2003.
Features of Kingsoft Office Presentation
- Support Slide transition effects, animation effects and other customized slide options
- Compatible with Microsoft Office and open 2007/2010 PowerPoint files (ppt and pptx)
- Can save presentation files in different format
- Allows inserting multimedia components in presentation such as Flash, Movies, Music, Diagrams, etc.
- Support exporting and saving presentation in PDF
- Easily convert PowerPoint to Word documents
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Linux and Android
Website: Kingsoft Office Presentation
OpenOffice Impress is also free PowerPoint software that enables you to create presentation files. Impress is included in OpenOffice Productivity Suite, one of the popular MS Office alternative free software.
Main features of OpenOffice Impress
- Support 2D and 3D clip art, insert special effects, animation, drawings
- Support Master pages
- Support viewing presentations in Drawing, Outline, Slides, Handouts and Notes
- Support optional multi-panel views and multiple monitor including Presenter Console Extension
- Include Diagramming and programming tools
- Save files in .ODP format (OpenDocument format)
- Save presentations in MS Office formats and support .PPT and .PPTX
- Create Flash (.swf) versions of presentation
- Available for several languages
- Allows to download templates from its site
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, windows 8, GNU/Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X
Website: Apache OpenOffice
LibreOffice Impress is free PowerPoint software that provides easy ways to create effective multimedia presentations. Impress is one of the software included in LibreOffice Suite. LibreOffice is full featured and complete desktop production designed based on OpenOffice source code. Both OpenOffice and LibreOffice share common code base but differ in some features.
LibreOffice comprises Writer (word processor), Calc (spreadsheet), Impress (presentation), Draw, Base (database) and Mat (simple equation editor) tools.
Main features LibreOffice Impress
- Create multimedia presentation with ease
- Comes with 2D and 3D clip art, animations, transition styles and effects, etc. and support Master pages
- View presentation in different modes: Normal, Outline, Notes, Handout and Slide Sorter
- Support timed or manual slide transition, pointer visible or not, navigation visible or not
- Support multiple monitors and incorporate Presenter Console Extensions
- Include easy to use Drawing and Diagramming tools
- Save and open presentation files in OpenDocument format and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Convert your presentation to create Flash (.swf) versions of presentations
- Available in more than 30 languages
Compatibility: Works on different platform: Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux.
Website: LibreOffice Free Desktop Suite
PowerPoint express is free PowerPoint software which allows to create simple presentation quickly and easily.
Features of PowerPoint Express
- Support MS Office 2003-2010
- Import slides from MS PowerPoint and text from Word
- Make searching Google Images to find pictures for the presentation
- Has Web edition of PowerPoint Express
- Captures desktop images and add images and slides
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows
Website: PowerPoint Express