Here are free remote access software that allow you to access, administer and control your home computer or any distant computer from different place. Remote access program require established connection such as Internet or computer network (LAN and WAN).
Remote access software has many benefits. Using this kind of software, you can easily access your home computer from office or anywhere, work at home by remotely accessing your office computer, troubleshoot many computers remotely, transfer and share files between computers and monitor your company employees.
TeamViewer is a free remote access software that allow you to access computers remotely. TeamViewer can be used to remote support to colleagues, customers and friends, share your desktop for meetings, team work or presentations. It has three types of connection modes designed for different scenarios. These are Remote control connection mode, the File Transfer connection mode and VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection mode. The software is free for private use.
Key features of TeamViewer
- Allows to Administer remote computers and servers
- Easy for file transfer, can copy files and folders to and from the remote computer
- Provide and Support connection from iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows phone 8
- Connect to your home computer while you are away and work on documents, check e-mails, download images, etc.
- The connections are highly encrypted and protected
- Support access to unattended computers
Compatibility: Windows ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7/8, Server 2000/2003/2008/2012, Mac OS X 10.5 and later, Linux, Android, iOS
LogMeIn is another free remote access program that can control your PC/Mac over the web or from mobile devices. Using LogmeIn you can access, manage and support computers remotely. These include open files, check your email, run programs, etc. LogMeIn doesn’t support file transfer, file sharing and remote printing.
Key features of LogMeIn
- Support access from any Internet connected web browser
- Allow to control your desktop from anywhere
- Support copy and paste between computers
- You can access your computer from iPad/iPhone
- Can remotely start a sleeping computer
- Implement strong security measures, use 256-bit SSL encryption for all connections
- No requirement for remote PC admin rights
- Support multi -monitor
Compatibility: No installation needed, it is web based application
Screenleap is a free screen sharing software that allows you share your screen via a web browser. The only requirement for this free remote access software is Java. You should install Java on your computer. The free version is available for up to 2hours a day. If you want share your screen for more than 2hours per day, you need to go for the pro or premium account. Screenleap supports viewing your screen from any device.
Compatibility: No need to install the program
Website: Screenleap free screen sharing
CrossLoop is allows to connect any two people anywhere in the world via computer. It is a marketplace where people get technical support and solutions for their problem. The topics include PC Performance, Microsoft Office, PC security, Web design, etc. The software allows you to see remote computer screen and can even control the mouse and keyboard. This free remote access software is beneficial to work securely with others located in different physical locations.
Key features of CrossLoop
- Allows to see remote PC screen and control mouse and keyboard
- Encrypt all files and messages using 128-bit Blowfish encryption
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) – OSX 10.7 (Lion) and Broad Band internet connection
Website: CrossLoop screen Sharing